As families throughout our community start out the 2015-16 school year, it’s the perfect time to brush up on a few school-related safety tips. Safety is an integral part of Lee Company’s culture, so it’s a pleasure for us to share these reminders with you:
- Do you drive through a school zone on the way to work? Slow down! Watch out for the increased traffic, kids darting across the street and police officers enforcing the reduced speed limit. Give yourself a little extra time to get where you’re going, and avoid unnecessary stress and potential accidents.
- Put the phone away. School kids don’t always remember to look both ways, so it’s extremely important for drivers to pay full attention to the road. If that text or call can’t wait, pull over.
- Keep a copy of your kids’ schedule, so you know what time to pick them up or when they should call to let you know they’re home. Now’s the perfect time to add school holidays, teacher workshops, etc., to your calendar. We have included 2015-2016 school calendars here for you!
- Take a photo of your kids on the first day of school. It’s a wonderful memory and it’s important to always have a current photo.
- Do your kids ride their bikes to school? Walk? Take the bus? Whatever mode of transportation they use, you want them to get there and back safely. Download more safety tips here.
2015/16 Downloadable School Calendars: