On October 14th, 2010, ground was broken for the new Belmont University Law School located at the corner of 15th Avenue and Acklin Avenue in Nashville, TN. Lee Company was awarded the plumbing and mechanical portion of the project. This was a plan and specification project with ESA as the architect and IC Thomasson as the mechanical engineer.
71,107 square feet for the main building, 190,290 square feet for the garage
Duration: 27 months
Scope of Work:
- 190,290 square feet of underground parking garage which had 520 new parking spaces. The garage was ventilated with the use of 14 exhaust fans for a total of 285,775 cfm.
- The main building is conditioned by 57 Trane water source heat pumps totaling 294 tons
- Building exhaust and outside air were provided by two rooftop Aaon units
- Condenser water was routed through 61,000 feet of piping and controlled by 6 pumps located in the top level parking garage
- The plumbing and storm system in the building included 15,500 feet of piping
- Hot water was provided with the use of 140,000 btu PVI water heater located in the penthouse