Both Talge and Thatcher South Hall at Southern Adventist University (SAU) were heated and cooled via package terminal air conditioners in each room, and there was very little outside air being provided throughout the facilities. The restrooms had exhaust airflow discharging to exhaust wall caps. This created a not-so-great indoor air quality scenario to quickly address. The Lee Company team innovatively stepped in to provide solutions!
- Supply a design/build proposal for the installation and addition of conditioned (heated, cooled, dehumidified, and faltered) fresh air.
- Create comfortable and controllable indoor air quality for each residence hall.
- Mitigate negative pressure generated in the buildings and remove raw unconditioned air.
- Lee Company’s design/build proposed solution included:
- (3) dedicated outside air systems to supply filtered, conditioned fresh air throughout the facilities.
- Each unit was optimally sized and strategically located to maximize efficiency and performance.
- Due to the extremely tight ceiling spaces and existing MP&E infrastructure, Lee Company’s design incorporated “outside the box” features to meet the building and owner requirements.
- Design/build installation addressed all the challenges and provided the owner and students with an environment to enhance learning and campus life.
Smart People. Dedicated Partners. Creative Solutions.
For nearly eight decades, customers have trusted Lee Company to handle everything from HVAC to plumbing to electrical services; we are the established experts in installation, maintenance, and repair.
Today, with more than 1,600 professionals on the team, we’re the people facility managers call when they need collaborative partners, eager to tackle the toughest challenges.
We’re ready to create a solution just right for you.Let's Talk!