Trenchless pipe replacement is a yard-friendly, innovative way to replace old or broken pipes, including clean water pipes, sanitary sewer lines, gas lines, and storm drains. Unlike the traditional process – which often involves removing concrete, pavers, and landscaping – trenchless pipe replacing is far less messy and time-consuming. It reduces headaches and hassles for homeowners and can help you get the necessary work done faster and for less money.
When Do You Need Trenchless Pipe Replacement?
Trenchless pipe replacement is typically called for in one of two situations:
- You’re experiencing water and/or sewage back-ups in your home
- Your pipes are old, cast iron, and need to be replaced
If you’re experiencing a back-up of any kind, the first step is to call for a Lee Company emergency plumber. Simply put: We’ve got your back on back-ups. We’re available 24/7 to address the immediate problem and help you prevent additional, avoidable damage to your home and valued contents. We also understand that few plumbing emergencies are as unsettling as a clogged sewer line backing up into your home. It’s a health hazard that needs to be dealt with ASAP.
Once the critical back-up situation is under control, your professional plumber from Lee Company will clear the line and do a camera inspection to see what caused the issue. If the line is compromised, the problem shows up on the camera footage. We’re happy to share the video with you, so you can see what we see.
Root growth is the #1 issue we find with compromised lines. As the trees on your property grow, their roots get into the sewer line, blocking the pipe and catching waste. After years of this, not even water can get through.
Trenchless pipe replacement is also an excellent option for older homes with cast-iron pipes. These pipes simply don’t age well. Lee Company can perform a camera inspection, show you the situation, and install new pipes before you have a back-up!
What’s the trenchless pipe replacement process?
Once any plumbing emergency is under control, we want to evaluate your unique home piping situation. The Lee Company evaluation takes into consideration the location of the pipe, whether it was properly installed, and how many turns it has. Based on the evaluation results, we can determine if trenchless pipe replacement is the best option for you. If it is, a Lee Company project manager will come to your home at your convenience, provide a free quote for the work to be done, and walk you through the steps involved. Those steps include:
- To access the line, we will excavate one or two locations and set up the equipment needed to pull the new line through. Our excavation will be as minimal as possible.
- A “bursting head” will be attached to a large cable that we’ll run through the existing line. This bursting head is connected to flexible plastic pipe that is fused together; no fittings are required, reducing the chance for cracks.
- We’ll use hydraulic equipment to pull the cable through the existing line. As the bursting head goes through, it will break open the old line and pull the new line through.
- Once the cable is completely through and the line is replaced, we’ll perform another camera inspection to ensure the new line is ready to meet all your needs.
- We’ll cover up the small area that we excavated.
To provide you with additional peace of mind, the new line comes with a 10-year warranty.
Contact Lee Company When You Need New Pipes
If it’s an emergency plumbing situation or you’re worried about aging cast-iron pipes, let us know! Lee Company is here and ready to help with trenchless pipe replacement that leaves your landscaping – and your wallet – in better shape.